Brick found at Fort Tryon
Overall: 8 x 3 3/4 x 1 3/4 in. ( 20.3 x 9.5 x 4.4 cm )
Clay brick; red and one side is partially glazed.
This brick was found at Fort Tryon. Built by the Continental Army in the summer of 1776, the fort extended along 192nd Street at Fort Washington Avenue and functioned as a small, northern extension of Fort Washington.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.