Overall: 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 1 3/4 in. ( 21.6 x 10.8 x 4.4 cm )
Brick; with plaster fragments.
This brick came from the fireplace of the Colonial DeWint house at Tappan, New York, where the donor had lived for many years. General George Washington used the house as his headquarters in 1780, where on October 2 he signed the death warrant of British spy Major John Andre.
Gift of Mr. Rogers D. Small, through Major Howland Pell
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.