Overall: 6 3/4 x 4 x 3 1/4 in. ( 17.1 x 10.2 x 8.3 cm )
Olive green free-blown glass bottle with rounded lip, tapered neck, flattened spherical body, slight push-up, and pontil mark on base.
Chestnut bottles, as bottles of this shape are called, were made in almost all American glasshouses from about 1760 to about 1850. (See Toledo Museum of Art, "American Glass 1760-1930," vol. 1, p. 102.)
Gift of Clarence G. Michalis
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.