Overall: 9 1/2 x 4 in. ( 24.1 x 10.2 cm )
Olive-amber, lead glass bottle or decanter blown in a full-sized, four-part mold (McKearin GIII-19 and McKearin Rayed Type VII-A); hand-tooled neck with a straight-finished, fire-polished lip; sloping shoulders and straight-sided body pattern-molded with a geometric pattern of vertical and diagonal ribs with a central band of alternating panels of cross-hatching and square sunbursts; pontil mark on base.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.