Overall: 10 x 8 x 4 1/2 in. ( 25.4 x 20.3 x 11.4 cm )
Blue-green, non-lead, blown glass bottle or jug with short cylindrical neck with flared, folded-over, rim; two hollow handles with crimped ends; flattened spherical body with ridge around shoulder formed by second gather of glass, with a mercurial ring around mid-point of body with two indentations, one pointed and one circular in shape; conical push-up and jagged pontil mark.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.