Overall: 13 x 3 in. ( 33 x 7.6 cm )
printed: on paper tag; "McILVANE & BALDWIN/ mcI V/ 16 DEY St., N.Y." written: on paper tag; illegible inscription printed: on paper tag around string hole; 'G/ DENNSON'S/ G/ QUALITY"
Olive green, nonlead glass bottle blown in a dip mold with a cylindrical neck with a flattened string rim, rounded shoulders, straight-sided cylindrical body, and high push-up.
A paper tag formerly around the bottle's neck is printed "McILVANE & BALDWIN/ 16 DEY St., N.Y." McIlvaine & Baldwin, established in 1869, had a large local trade in New York in a brand of whisky known as "Baltimore Club Rye Whiskey.” The buisness was located at 16 Dey Street, New York. According to contemporary advertisements the whiskey was consumed at a number of private clubs in New York, including the Union Club, Knickerbocker Club, New York Yacht Club, Metropolitan Club, etc.
Gift of Mrs. Edward Rutledge and Daughters
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.