This button was excavated in 1927 by the Field Exploration Commitee at Fort Lennox, a British fort on Isle aux Noix in the Richelieu River in Quebec, Canada. Built during the Revolutionary War, the fort served as a base for the British expeditions on Lake Champlain in 1813 and against Plattsburgh in 1814.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024