Blade excavated at Fort Ticonderoga
Iron blade; single-edged.
This blade was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at Fort Ticonderoga, at Lake Champlain in New York. Built by the French in 1755 and called Carillon, the fort was destroyed in 1759 in anticipation of capture by General Amherst. Rebuilt as Ticonderoga, the fort was captured on May 10, 1775 by the Green Mountain Boys under the command of Ethan Allen and Colonel Benedict Arnold. The fort was recaptured in June, 1777 by General Burgoyne's army.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.