4 loose mother of pearl buttons in flower shape with incised detail; metallic shank.
The donor's father, Leo A. Greene (1908-1954), spent his entire career at B. Blumenthal & Co. (founded in 1877), the leading American button importer and manufacturer in the country for much of the 20th century. The company had a large showroom in New York City on Broadway between 38th and 39th streets. Greene began as a stock boy in the 1920's and rose to Vice President and a member of the Board of Directors by the end of his career.
Gift of Lois Greene Stone
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024