Overall: 119 x 57.6 x 17.4mm (4 11/16 x 2 1/4 x 11/16 in.)
Wood fragment with brass plaque affixed: "SOUVENIR BATTLE OF LAKE ERIE. SEPTEMBER 10th. 1813./ PIECE OF STANCHIO FROM PERRYS/ BATTLESHIP "NIAGARA" ". According to a typed note accompanying the piece, it was given to donor McKay by Captain W. L. Morrison, of Erie, PA, who raised the remains of Niagara from Lake Erie in 1913.
Gift of the Naval History Society, 1925
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.