Colorless pressed glass wine glass; round funnel-shaped bowl printed with portrait of Washington above inscription "Fraunces Tavern," faceted pedestal stem on plain conical foot.
Fraunces Tavern was a meeting hall and inn built in 1719 at Queen (now Pearl) and Canal (now Broad) Streets in New York. It was the site of significant events associated with the Revolutionary and Early National Periods, including Washington's farewell to his troops in 1783. It was restored and opened as a museum and restaurant by the Sons of Liberty in 1907.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024