Overall: 6 5/8 x 6 5/8 in. ( 16.8 x 16.8 cm )
engraved: in front reserve: "C" Mark: stamped on base: "BALL, TOMKINS & BLACK" in a banner over a double struck "SUCCESSORS TO" in a rectangle with an eagle in a circle on either side, over "MARQUAND & CO." in a banner over "W.F" in a rectangle
Wrought silver waste bowl; inverted pear-shaped body on a round splayed foot, joined to the body by a round pedestal with an applied die-rolled heart and shell band; flared rim with an applied, die-rolled heart band around the edge; all over repoussé and chased scrolls, plants and flowers with cartouches around the front and rear reserves; "C" engraved in script in the front reserve; makers' marks on the base.
Belonged to Mrs. John Cryder (Mary Wright Wetmore, 1804-1874), grandmother of the donor.
Gift of Henry Chauncey Cryder
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.