Wood, probably malacca; brass
Overall: 36 3/8 x 1 1/2 in. ( 92.4 x 3.8 cm )
Wood cane with tapered shaft, knob handle, two eyelets, brass band and brass ferrule.
According to accession records this cane was originally owned by Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) and descended as follows: Benjamin Franklin Bache (1790), Naphtali Philips of New York, Dr. John W. Francis.
Gift of Samuel W. Francis
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.