Vial excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 2 x 1 in. ( 5.1 x 2.5 cm )
Vial excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; aquamarine glass; flared lip with short cylindrical neck, sloping shoulder, and cylindrical body.
This vial was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th Street in Washington Heights. It was stored with the Reginald Bolton Collection in the Morris-Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue. The vial was owned by a soldier, by a member of a soldier's family or by another civilian in camp, or was obtained from local residents.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.