Overall: 18 3/4 × 9 × 5 in. (47.6 × 22.9 × 12.7 cm)
engraved: on underside of base: "7844 B" engraved: on underside of base: "L.C. Tiffany - Favrile" label: circular printed label on underside of base: "LCT/TIFFANY FAVRILE GLASS/REGISTERED TRADEMARK"
Blown Favrile glass "jack-in-the-pulpit" vase; amber glass with gold iridescent finish; wavy open "flower" at top, long slender stem widening at bottom; compressed ovoid base; pontil mark.
"Jack-in-the-pulpit" and other vases imitating flowers are among the most well-known glass products of Tiffany Studios. First made around 1900, "jack-in-the-pulpit" vases expanded the glass to the limit of its endurance, and provided the perfect medium for displaying the changing color of iridescence in Favrile glass. Based on the Tiffany registry number and suffix, this vase was manufactured around 1907.
Gift of Mr. John V. Irwin
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.