Overall: 5 x 5 x 1/4 in. ( 12.7 x 12.7 x 0.6 cm )
written: on obverse, "BROOKLYN"
Tin-glazed earthenware tile with purple, blue, and white decoration; buff-colored body with white glaze with pin-prick on upper left and right corners; circular blue and white picture of shepherd with two sheep on right all in white diamond-shaped frame with perpendicular lines to corners, on purple spattered field; lower right corner cut away.
According to the inscripton on the obverse, the tile came from a structure in Brooklyn. The envelope in which the tile was found records that the tile was discovered in the NYHS collection in 1953, and may have been part of the Nash collection.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.