Brass, steel, leather
each overall: 7/8 x 3 1/4 x 5 1/2 in. ( 2.2 x 8.3 x 14 cm )
Brass arched-band spurs with a cylindrical goad fitted with a ball head with a steel spiked wheel inside; buckles on the ends of the bands; wide leather boot straps attach to the buckles.
These spurs belonged to Lieutenant Fordham Morris (1842-1909) of the Fifth Army Corps, Artillery Brigade during the Civil War. Lieutenant Morris was the donor's father.
Gift of Mrs. R. Horace Gallatin
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.