Scabbard hook excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 2 1/8 x 1/2 x 1/8 in. ( 5.4 x 1.3 x 0.3 cm )
Brass scabbard hook excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
This scabbard hook was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights. The hook attached a bayonet scabbard to a soldier's belt.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.