Silk, plastic, metal, gold metallic braid, gold metallic bullion, cardboard
Overall: 9 3/4 x 3 in. ( 24.8 x 7.6 cm )
Inscription: reverse of ribbon, at upper edge, imprinted in silver: "THE WHITEHEAD&HOAGCO."
Inscription: paper label on reverse of ribbon, in black: "STEVENSON & MARSTERS,/No. 391 Fulton Street,/Brooklyn, N. Y./AGENTS FOR/The Whitehead & Hoag Co.,/MAKERS
Elaborate badge made to commemorate Grover Cleveland's presidential inauguration ceremony on March 4th, 1893; consists of ornate gilt metal pin-back bar with portrait of Cleveland printed on piece of cellulosic plastic at center, flanked by dates imprinted in gold on red, white, and blue silk: "1893", at left, and "1897", at right; blue silk satin ribbon suspended beneath; rippled silk American flag and diamond-shaped piece of cellulosic plastic with inscription imrinted in black "INAUGURATION OF/GROVER CLEVELAND/24TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A./WASHINGTON, D.C./March 4th 1893." beneath are hand-sewn to ribbon; inscription printed in silver on lower half of ribbon: "1893./KINGS COUNTY/DEMOCRATIC/ORGANIZATION/BROOKLYN, N.Y."; gold metallic braid edging with gold metallic bullion fringe attached to bottom edge of ribbon. Cardboard label with manufacturer's name attached at lower segment of ribbon reverse.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.