Black ink wash on paper with embossed decorative border
Overall: 4 7/8 x 4 in. ( 12.4 x 10.2 cm )
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Elie Nadelman, Museum of Folk Arts, Riverdale-on-Hudson, Bronx, New York
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024