Overall: 3/4 x 7 1/2 in. ( 1.9 x 19 cm )
transfer-printed: in blue on back of plate: "COLUMBIA COLLEGE N.Y." in banner with flowers
Molded pearlware plate with dark blue transfer print of Columbia College; oak leaf and acorn border with stippled background; central image of Columbia College with street scene and figures in foreground.
Columbia College, originally King's College, was first located at this downtown Manhattan site bounded by Murray, Church, Barclay and Chapel Streets. This building was demolished in 1857, when the college moved to Madison Avenue.
Gift of Mrs. J. Insley Blair
Purchased by Mrs. J. Insley Blair from G. Kellogg Sale, AAA, Nov. 1925 ($110).
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.