Pair of blue blown lead glass vases; tapered form with flat base with pontil mark.
According to the accession records, this vase was blown by Michael Zimmerman at the Whitney Glass Works, circa 1820. However, the Whitney Glass Works was not opened until 1837. The vase descended in the Zimmerman family.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024