Ornament excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 1/2 x 1 in. ( 3.8 x 2.5 cm )
Brass ornament excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; ornament is in the shape of a flame and has a fastener on back.
This ornament was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others prior to or after the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights. It was part of an ornament that went on a British grenadier's belt or cap.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.