Musket flint with lead sheathing excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 3/8 in. ( 3.8 x 3.2 x 1 cm )
Musket flint with lead sheathing excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
This musket flint was found in 1913 by George Rieff at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th St. in Washington Heights.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.