Musket flint excavated at West Point
Overall: 1 1/4 x 1 x 3/8 in. ( 3.2 x 2.5 x 1 cm )
Musket flint excavated at West Point.
This flint was excavated on August 3, 1924 by the Field Exploration Committee from Fort Wyllis at West Point, a series of barracks and forts built in Orange County, New York by the Continental Army in 1777. West Point was built to control the Hudson River, and to guard the Hudson Highlands from an attack by the British Army stationed in New York City.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.