Overall: 4 x 4 in. ( 10.2 x 10.2 cm )
Colorless, lead glass miniature basket blown in a three-part mold (McKearin GV-24); hemispherical body molded with loop pattern with flared rim molded with ribs, with an applied cylindrical handle and ribbed pedestal base with pontil mark on underside of base.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.