Lock and key
Overall: 20 x 10 1/4 x 9 in. ( 50.8 x 26 x 22.9 cm )
Iron lock and key with pierced, scrolled border, wrought scrolled handles and key, and grotesque engraved on plate on obverse.
According to accession records, this lock was given with a "manor bell" (1940.672) that once hung in Pelham Priory, a girls' school run by the Boltons in the nineteenth century in Pelham, in Westchester County. The donor attended this school.
Gift of Mrs. Augustus Van Horne Ellis
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.