8 1/2 x 5 3/4 in. diameter
A small table top oil or kerosene lantern, with a circular cast metal base pierced with decorations below an oval tin reservoir with a long opening for a wide wick and a removable cap for refilling. Painted dark yellow with a red rose and green leaves on the front of the oil reservoir. A plate on the rear is embossed "S.N. & H.C. Ufford,/ 113 Court Street/ Boston/ Kinnear's Patent/ Feb. 4, 1951".
Gift of Bella C. Landauer
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.