Knife blades (2) excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
largest: 7 7/8 x 1 x 1/2 in. ( 20 x 2.5 x 1.3 cm )
Iron knife blades excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; large, curved blades.
These knife blades were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights. The knives were used as eating and also as all-purpose utensils by soldiers.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.