Painted wax with glass, plaster, and corrugated paper
Overall: 5 9/16 x 5 3/8 x 1 1/8 x 4 1/2 in. ( 14.1 x 13.7 x 2.9 x 11.4 cm )
A Lutheran clergyman and a professor of Oriental languages at Columbia College, the subject came to America in 1770 from his native Saxony. He became a member of The New-York Historical Society in 1804.
Gift of Edmund B. Child
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024