Overall: 6 1/2 x 5 1/4 in. ( 16.5 x 13.3 cm )
Wheelthrown redware cylindrical jar with collared opening; sgraffito decoration of stylized tulips and flowers with splashes of green under lead glaze.
This jar has been attributed to Pennsylvania German potter Georg Hübener (1757-1828) of Montgomery County, who was working from 1785 to 1798.
Bequest of Mrs. J. Insley Blair
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.