Thomas G. Boone operated a pottery in Poughkeepsie, NY from 1836 until he moved to Brooklyn, New York in 1840. Boone was the first potter to set up shop in Brooklyn, producing marked pottery successfully. His sons joined the firm, Benjamin R. Boone in 1842 and Thomas E. Boone in 1843. As a family business, the Boone’s were able to survive until 1846, when the firm was dissolved. Both sons remained active in the industry, producing drainpipes, roof tile, bricks into the 1860s, when their names no longer appear in records related to the potting industry.