Iron object excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 4 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 3/4 in. ( 11.4 x 3.2 x 1.9 cm )
Iron object excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
This object was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th Street in Washington Heights. It was stored with the Reginald Pelham Bolton Collection of Revolutionary War Relics in the Morris-Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.