Gunflints (16) excavated at West Point
largest: 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 1/4 in. ( 3.2 x 3.2 x 0.6 cm )
Gunflints excavated at West Point.
These flints were excavated by the Field Exploration Committee from the refuse pit of the Revolutionary War barracks at West Point, a series of barracks and forts built in Orange County, New York by the Continental Army in 1777. West Point was built to establish control of the Hudson River.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.