Framed set of objects (20)
Iron, brass, bone, silver, flint, clay
Diameter (grapeshot): 1 in. (2.5 cm)
Iron grapeshot; pig canine; brass musket buttplate; four iron spikes; gunflint; silver coin; clay marble; six bone buttons.
These objects were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from the floors of twenty huts that were built onto the side of a hill that once stood at Arden Street in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.