Fragment of bottle excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 7/8 in. ( 4.8 cm )
Fragment of bottle excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; green glass; base fragment with ribbing on exterior.
This glass was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton, and others before the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, on Seaman Avenue at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th Street. in Washington Heights. It was stored with the Reginald Bolton Collection in the Morris-Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue. The bottle was owned by a soldier, by a member of a soldier's family or by a civilian, or was obtained from residents.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.