Fire Engine, Lady Washington Engine Co. No.1 Morrisania, N.Y.
Hand-drawn and hand-power engine. Name "White Ghost" painted on front of carriage; "Morrisania Exempts" on side; and "Organized June 7, 1875" on back of carriage. Wheels with copper hub bands and iron tires; body painted white, running gear maroon striped gold and black. Accessories: hinged hand pole, hose and nozzles; ropes.
The "Lady Washington" was built in 1851 and used by the Lady Washington Engine Co. No.1 in Morrisania until 1874, when Morrisania was annexed to New York City.