Ceramic, textile, leather, glass, paint
Overall: 19 1/2 x 17 x 3 in. ( 49.5 x 43.2 x 7.6 cm )
Doll with bisque shoulder head, yellow molded hair with braids, crimped bangs, and blue ribbon, blue glass eyes, closed mouth, pierced ears, and pink tinted cheeks; stuffed kid body with joints formed by stitching; red plaid cape, red flannel jacket with black velvet trim, brown striped skirt with train and two ruffles around the bottom over cotton petticoat and knickers trimmed in lace.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.