Decanter with stopper
Overall: 15 x 4 1/4 in. ( 38.1 x 10.8 cm )
Colorless blown and cut lead glass decanter; faceted tapered neck with flanged lip, panel-cut shoulders, conical body cut with faceted diamonds with central shield with initial "C", and flat bottom cut with rays; hollow cut diamond-shaped stopper.
According to the accession records, this decanter belonged to the family of Commodore Isaac Chauncey. Similar glass ware made by the Brooklyn Glass Works was displayed at the Crystal Palace exposition in 1853, and a similar set is in the collections of the Albany Institute.
Gift of Mrs. Edwin M. Blake
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.