Decanter with stopper
Overall: 10 1/2 x 4 1/2 in. ( 26.7 x 11.4 cm )
Colorless lead glass decanter blown in three-part mold (McKearin GIII-5); bulbous body with flange lip, cylindrical neck, and sloping shoulders; molded pattern consists of a band of vertical ribs separated by a horizontal ring from a band of diagonal ribs; three repeat patterns of sunburst and diamond diapering; vertical ribbing around base; rayed bottom; pontil mark; inverted acorn-shaped blown stopper with vertical ribs around top and diamond diapering around bottom (McKearin stopper no. 1).
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.