Decanter with stopper
Overall: 10 3/4 x 4 1/2 in. ( 27.3 x 11.4 cm )
Colorless lead glass decanter blown in a three-part mold (McKearin GV-13); tapered neck with flanged lip, cylindrical body molded with a band of heart-shaped panels containing feather motifs above chain with vertical ribs at base, with flat base with pontil mark; ribbed spherical stopper blown in a three-part mold (McKearin 24). Mold seams especially visable on body.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.