Britannia metal beaker with flaring sides, sets four to five lines incised on middle section and base.
This chalice is the product of the shop of Hiram Yale & Co. of Wallingford, Connecticut in operation from 1824 to 1835. The shop was formed under the partnership of Hiram and Charles Yale, who produced both pewter and Britannia products. Britannia metal standard marks are quite rare.
Gift of Katharine Prentis Murphy
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024