Cruet with stopper
Overall: 2 1/2 x 6 3/4 in. (6.4 x 17.1 cm)
Blue non-lead glass toilet bottle blown in a mold of three vertical sections and a base plate (McKearin GI-7 Type 3 and Rayed Type VI-A) with a tapered cylindrical neck with a flared lip, barrel-shaped body with sloping shoulders molded with bulbous rings at midpoint of neck and at shoulders and 39 vertical ribs, molded radiating ribs on flat base with pontil mark, and hollow blown stopper.
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.