Button excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Overall: 1 1/8 in. ( 2.9 cm )
Brass button excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; large and disk-shaped.
This button was excavated by Reginald Pelham Bolton and others prior to or after the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues, and at 204th St. in Washington Heights. The button was probably from a coat or cloak.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.