Badge w/ medal
Overall: 3 3/8 x 1 5/8 x 1 5/8 in. ( 8.5 x 4.2 x 4.2 cm )
Scalloped edge metal badge suspended from a red, white and blue ribbon; relief scene of a horizon and sea nymphs; on reverse: "COMPLIMENTARY/BANQUET/TO/SIR THOMAS J. LIPTON/N.Y.A.C./DEC.19, 1912.
The New York Athletic Club located at Central Park South and 6th Avenue, was formed in 1868. This badge was distributed at a banquet of the New York Athletic Club in 1912.
Gift of Thomas W. Hotchkiss, Nov. 4, 1944
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.