Artillery shell fragment excavated at a Revolutionary War military site
Overall: 4 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. ( 12.1 x 3.8 cm )
Iron artillery shell fragment.
This shell fragment was excavated by Reginald Pelham Bolton and others at a military camp that extended between 190th and 194th Streets, and Audobon and Eleventh Avenues, near Laurel Hill in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.