Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
3rd Grade: How do historians learn about the past?
Students are introduced to all the exciting ways historians learn about the past before conducting an independent study of a forgotten New York City event.
- Lesson 1: Objects Tell Stories
- Lesson 2: Urban Archaeology
- Lesson 3: Learning to Read Images
- Lesson 4: Learning History with Images
- Lesson 5: Learning to Read a Map
- Lesson 6: Learning History with Maps
- Lesson 7: Learning to Read a Document
- Lesson 8: Learning History with Documents
- Lesson 9: Culmination—Being a Historian