Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
4th Grade: How did New York become the city it is today?
Students take a deep dive into the history of their city by conducting independent investigations with objects, images, maps, and documents.
- Lesson 1: New York’s First People
- Lesson 2: Life in New Amsterdam
- Lesson 3: Life in British New York
- Lesson 4: Slavery in New York
- Lesson 5: The American Revolution in New York
- Lesson 6: New York, New Nation
- Lesson 7: New York Divided—The Civil War
- Lesson 8: Immigration
- Lesson 9: Culmination—Visual Timeline